Mergers & Acquisitions
Our attorneys are “deal makers” who have partnered with clients to structure, negotiate and execute a broad range of transactions. We assist companies ranging in size from venture-backed start-ups effecting their first transaction to Fortune 500 companies with established and on-going acquisition programs.
We have extensive experience advising clients in all aspects of buying and selling businesses, including purchases and sales of equity and assets, merger transactions, going private transactions, and other corporate restructurings. We have represented private and public buyers and sellers.
Our experience includes the representation of consolidators in the acquisition, financing and “roll up” of companies in various industries. The design and implementation of an acquisition program that cost effectively enables companies to do multiple acquisitions on a regular basis, requires more than just a knowledge of deals, but includes understanding the acquirer’s business team and the necessary resource allocation and utilization to accomplish both the acquisition and integration of these multiple businesses.
We assist our clients from pre-transaction planning and structuring through due diligence, negotiating and drafting definitive documentation, financing, closing and resolution of post-closing adjustments and other post-closing issues. We strive to protect the value of our clients’ transactions while at the same time making certain that we provide practical solutions to the issues that arise in the course of our representation. We understand that our clients want to work with attorneys who can not only identify important risks, but can also negotiate to minimize those risks while maximizing the realization of the client’s goals and objectives.
Representative transactional experience in these areas includes the following:
- Served as lead counsel to $160,000,000 privately held logistics and pet food company to a private equity backed on solidator which included significant real estate related issues.
- Served as lead counsel to a New York based cosmetic company in the sale of its business to a private equity a group.
- Served as lead counsel to a large public corporation in its sale of a telecommunications subsidiary for approximately $150,000,000.
- Representation of consolidators in the acquisition, financing and “roll up” of companies in the automotive, consumer electronics and physicians practice management industries.
- Developed and implemented “roll up” programs for acquirers.
- Served as lead counsel in numerous acquisitions and dispositions of private companies.
- Served as Florida counsel for a national engineering firm in their M&A activities.