Litigation and disputes can be a part of business but we approach these situations not with an attorney’s bravado, but with a businessman’s perspective of what the issue is really worth and how to achieve cost effective results. We work diligently to get to know your business so we may understand your goals and objectives and how prospective litigation may affect those underlying issues. ILG’s experience in handling diverse business matters for its clients helps to give it a more business oriented view of disputes.
As part of our business-centric approach to lawyering, we evaluate all available options to resolve disputes, including negotiation, arbitration, mediation, and other creative solutions. Business disputes do arise and may include a wide range of tort claims, ranging from tortious interference to defamation claims. To ensure we always have the necessary horsepower to advocate for our clients, we associate with certain litigation boutiques with which we have experience on litigation matters.
We have successfully handled business disputes involving commercial loans, commercial foreclosure, commercial landlord/tenant disputes, mortgage and securities agreements, breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation, bad faith, breach of fiduciary duties, franchise, securities, intellectual property and other issues. In some cases, injunctive relief may be necessary to protect a client’s interest in an expedited manner and our team has vast experience with injunction hearings and the filing of Declaratory Actions.
For our business clients, we are able to manage litigation in the capacity of outside general counsel, which allow the client to maintain their focus on their business objectives while leaving the day to day litigation management activities to the ILG team.
Our team’s representative experience includes the following:
- Handled hundreds of commercial foreclosure actions.
- Represented major real estate developer in multiple commercial loan modifications and workouts in excess of $10,000,000.00.
- Represented buyer/venture capitalist in misrepresentation litigation against seller by challenging business valuation.
- Counseled commercial property investor in limiting loan exposure and settled loan deficiencies related to loans in excess of $5,000,000.00.
- Represented national retailer in an enforcement action related to an employee’s covenant not to compete and obtained judgment in favor of the retailer.
- Argued before numerous courts including the Florida Supreme Court in the Nachon Enterprises v. Alexdex Corporation case concerning the proper jurisdiction of the Florida courts.
- Participated in argument before the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas in connection with an international litigation matter pending in the United States and the Bahamas.
- Argued numerous motion before state and federal courts in Florida.
- Argued numerous motions before state and federal courts in Florida.
- Participated in the representation of an appellate hearing before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, en banc, in connection with a multimillion dollar claim against a utility.
- Served as counsel in numerous non-compete and trade secret disputes.
- Highly experienced in negotiating commercial loan modifications and restructuring commercial debt.
ILG’s Litigation Practice Concentration:
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial/Business Litigation
- Banking Litigation
- Debtor/Creditor’s Rights
- Commercial Foreclosure
- Contract and Corporate Disputes
- Commercial Landlord Tenant Disputes