Litigation and disputes are a part of business. We approach these situations not with an attorney’s bravado, but with a businessman’s perspective of what the issue is really worth and how to achieve cost effective results. Ioppolo Law Group’s experience in handling diverse business matters for its clients helps to give it a more business oriented view of disputes.
ILG attorneys have both the technical know-how and the advocacy skills to effectively handle commercial disputes of all types, from simple breach of contract actions to more complex corporate matters. To ensure we always have the necessary horsepower to advocate for our clients, we associate with certain litigation boutiques with which we have experience on large or complex litigation matters.
For our regular business clients, we can manage their litigation as an outside general counsel, helping the client to maintain their focus on their business objectives while leaving the day to day litigation management activities to the ILG team.
Representative experience in this area includes the following:
- Argued before numerous courts including the Florida Supreme Court in the Nachon Enterprises v. Alexdex Corporation case concerning the proper jurisdiction of the Florida courts.
- Participated in argument before the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas in connection with an international litigation matter pending in the United States and the Bahamas.
- Argued numerous motions before state and federal courts in Florida.
- Participated in the representation of an appellate hearing before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, en banc, in connection with a multimillion dollar claim against a utility.
- Served as counsel in numerous non-compete and trade secret disputes.