Craig S. Miller
In 1984, Craig joined Uno Restaurants, a 15-unit casual dining chain as Vice President, Administration: responsible for development and franchising. He subsequently served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, and President and Chief Executive Officer. Craig led the company through a period of rapid growth and brand evolution from a Casual Pizza Concept to a full bar and grill Brand specializing in Chicago Style Pizza. The company grew from 15 units in 1983 to approximately 200 units in 2001.
Craig joined Furr’s Hospitality in November, 2001, and served as President and CEO until October 2002. In an attempt to stabilize Furr’s financial performance, Craig re-energized the Operating team, focusing on image and brand enhancements and strict cash flow management. Through cooperation with a restructuring specialist team, the company’s assets were sold.
Craig led Ruth’s Chris Steak House Inc. (Ruth’s Hospitality Group) from 2004-2008. He joined Ruth’s Chris in 2004 as President and CEO and in September, 2006, was elected Chairman of the Board of Directors. Craig’s tenure at Ruth’s Chris included leading the company thru a period of rapid expansion of system-wide units, sales, and profitability. He also led the successful transition from a privately-held single brand company to multi-concept public company. The Ruth’s Chris IPO in August, 2005, was one of the most successful IPO’s in the restaurant industry in over a decade and returned significant value to the selling shareholders. He re-launched a franchising initiative that led to domestic and international expansion. Revenues and operating income at Ruth’s Chris doubled from 2003 to 2007. Also noteworthy, Craig led the company through one of the largest natural disasters to impact the US. Three weeks after the company’s IPO, Hurricane Katrina destroyed three restaurants as well as the Corporate Offices and Support Center in New Orleans. Within days, the company support center activities were relocated from New Orleans to Orlando and all activities were resumed.
In 2008, Craig, in partnership with William C. Sinton, formed MSCP (Miller-Sinton Capital Partners LLC). MSCP sought investments and provided advisory services to the Restaurant Industry.
Craig in partnership with his Brother have owned and operated restaurants in Southern California for over 20 years. Their current holdings include a franchised Uno Chicago Grill as well as their newest concept, Miller’s Field, a unique sport themed bar and restaurant in San Diego.
- Member (1997 to Present), Board of Directors of the National Restaurant Association
- Trustee (2001-2010), University of Central Florida Foundation
- Chairman of the Board (2005-2006) of National Restaurant Association
- Appointed (2006-2008) to the Florida Tourism Commission by Governor Jeb Bush
- Member (2007-2010), Central Florida Commission for the Homeless
- Member (2007-2010), Board of Directors and Audit Committee for Tim Horton Inc. (NYSE:THI). THI is the fourth largest Quick Service Restaurant Chain by (+/- $5b) Market Capitalization in North America
- Member (2009 to Present), Board of Directors and Audit Committee Chairman for Real Mex Restaurants, Inc. Real Mex is the country’s largest operator of Mexican Specialty Restaurants
- Candidate (2010), for Republican Nomination to the U.S. Congress
- U.S. Air Force (1967-1971) and Vietnam Veteran
- Inducted into the Massachusetts Restaurant Association “Hall of Fame,” 2000
- Recipient of the prestigious “Golden Chain Award” from Nation’s Restaurant News in 2000 as President and CEO for the UNO Corporation
- Recipient of the prestigious “Golden Chain Award” from Nation’s Restaurant News in 2007 as President and CEO of Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- Named Multi-Unit Foodservice Operators “(MUFSO) 2007 Operator of the Year” by operator/readers of Nation’s Restaurant News
Mr. Miller is an independent contractor to ILG and not an employee. He acts as a business consultant. He is NOT an attorney.